In Middle School you will develop your understanding of careers through PSHE, project weeks and your wider curriculum areas. In Middle School we are beginning to prepare you for your Year 9 reviews where ‘Preparation for Adulthood’ outcomes will be discussed/ agreed. You will have opportunities for workplace visits which we hope will help to raise/ inform interests and aspirations and engagement in work. We will help you to understand the different employment pathways available to you in the future; this will include personal careers guidance from Year 9.
By the end of Middle School, you will have:
- Explored careers and the world of work through your PSHE curriculum.
- Attended a 1:1 interview with the school’s Careers’ Leader before you pick your options (Year 9)
- Attended an options event
- Meet with your link CSW Careers Development Consultant
- Learnt about stereotypes in the work place.
- Had a Transition Review (Year 9) to update your EHCP. Your careers aspirations will be recorded at the meeting
- Taken part in at least two enterprise projects.
- Had encounters with employers and employees (at least 3).
- Experienced at least one work place visit a year.
By the end of Middle School, you will be able to:
- Recognise your personal qualities and skills
- Recognise the different skills you are developing in each curriculum area
- Have an idea of what jobs/ careers you are interested.
- Understand which option choices will help you to reach your goals.
- Think about what you might like to do when you leave Lampard Community School.
- Make links between the subjects you learn and careers in these areas.
Careers Activities in Middle School 2020/2021
|Autumn Term 1||WOW visit from Theatre Alibi||4, 5|
|December 2020||Project week Creativity and Community||3|
PSHE: Who I am Self- esteem and personal qualities
|December 2020||Year 9 Preparation for Adulthood Meetings (1:1) with Careers Leader||3, 8|
|January 2021||Transition review of EHCP for Year 9||3|
|March 2021||Project week: Links to World of Work||4, 5|
|March 4th 2021||World Book Day||4|
|March 1st-5th 2021||National Careers Week Activities||2, 4, 5|
|March 2021||Year 9 meeting with CSW Carers Consultant and Careers Leader ahead of options event.||3, 8|
|wc: March 15th 2021||KS4 Options Event (Virtual)||3, 4|
|March 12th 2021||Year 9 Options Assembly||3, 4|
|May 2021||Post 16 Pathways event for students and parents||2, 3, 7|
|Summer Term 2021||PSHE: Working together. Saving What is a job?- Jobs for the future||2, 3, 4|
|Summer Term 2021||Careers Guidance Year 7 and 8||3, 8|
|Summer Term 2021||Careers Interventions Year 9||8|
|June 2021||World of Work Day||4, 5, 6|
|July 2021||Project week: Enterprise and Charity||2, 3|
Janet The Astronaut from Theatre Alibi