Exam & Assessment Results & Post 16 Destinations
We are very proud of these results, and the work put in by the students to achieve them. We would also like to thank the staff team for all their hard work in supporting the students.
The John Muir Award
The John Muir Award is an environmental award scheme that helps people connect with nature and enjoy and care for wild places.
Each applicant must complete 4 parts for each award:
“Since September 2015 we have run 3 schemes for students:
- Upper School environmental studies - 6 students completed their award by visiting Northam Burrows 3 times and completing a beach clean with rangers on their last visit.
- Upper school Land Studies - 8 students completed their award by working in the school garden.
- Middle school Forest Schools - 2 students completed their award by developing sites in the forest school area
To date, 14 students and 8 staff members have earned award certificates, 22 awards in total.”
Post 16 Destinations
We work very closely with students, parents and carers, FE providers and the 0-25 SEN Team to ensure a high standard of transition at Post 16. If parents/carers have an queries please contact the Upper School Phase Leader who will be happy to help you.
Leavers 2015: (15 students)
- Petroc, Barnstaple = 12 x students
- Petroc, Tiverton = 1 x student
- Duchy College = 1 x student
- Post 16, Birmingham = 1 x student (moved from area in Year 11).
Leavers 2016: (17 students)
- Petroc, Barnstaple = 15 x students
- On Track = 1 x student
- Town Station = 1 x student
Leavers 2017 (14 students)
- 12 x students Petroc College
- 1 x student WESC
- 1 x student Bishops Auckland College (moved from area)